When it gets colder outside, we often have to deal with a dry and sensitive 'winter skin'. This is caused mainly by differences in temperature (warm inside and cold outside), the drier air and contracting blood vessels.
It is essential to moisturize, and to strengthen and protect the skin barrier by applying the following tips and tricks:
- Cleanse your skin with a mild emulsion in the morning and evening.
- Choose a richer day cream for more intense hydration.
- Avoid water that is too hot: it makes your skin even drier.
- Do not turn up the heating too high, as it makes the air even drier.
- Drink enough water to moisturize the skin from the inside as well.
- Take enough rest (at night).